Total Pageviews

Sunday 24 April 2011

Mr Cheshire goes to town

There are a few absolutes in this world. One is that the DFS sale will never end and Kate Humble doesn’t interfere with sheep in real life, while here in Milton Keynes Enormodome you can always get a good late night fight at KFC. Statistically that is correct but I really think that it is just a numbers game because the place is always so bloody busy. Having said all that, on Good Friday evening I went up for some bowling and the place was virtually empty.  I was the final member of our 3 man team who boasted being at the very peak of 40 something, relaxed muscle physical fitness and even looked good wearing temporary clown’s shoes. Our opponents were Pats 20 year old daughter and her 2 friends who had been drafted in prior to going clubbing who were drinking hard. For the casual observer or a private detective viewing our group this may have had the appearance of a Silvio Berlusconi grooming party but like Mr Berlusconi nothing could be further from the truth! Luckily Graham was wearing his elbow support bandage and I had brought some ralgex and soon our a plan of getting the sympathy vote was well under way. The bowling was desperate due to the fact that no one had only three fingers and one eye, which I believe to be the absolute prerequisite of a good bowler or mountain man, but the girls were also not very good and soon we edged into the lead in both the bowling and toilet breaks. After the girls left we had a nice sit down and a few more drinks and then I wished Pat and Graham goodbye and made my way out into the central area to hear an acoustic set by MK’s Without Reason who has their single release at First Base next Saturday. Unfortunately as I arrived they were experiencing some fine Spinal Tap moments, firstly playing to basically only the security staff and then one of their guitars giving up! It was still too earlier for a fight at KFC so I was left with no other option than to make my excuses and leave.     

2 comments:

  1. I've just looked up the Enormodome website, and seen that it contains establishments called 'Virgin Active' and 'First Base'. I presume they're next door to each other?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its virtually impossible to find Virgin Active and First base is only available after the pubs close!

    ReplyDelete