Total Pageviews

Tuesday 19 April 2011

"Hello, with a hat like this, who needs goodluck?"

Not being a big fan of African politics and possibly only having heard of Nelson Mandela, Idi Amin and Desmond Tutu, the father of modern dancewear, I was strangely drawn to a story about recent Nigerian elections that were won by a chap called Goodluck Jonathan. Somewhere deep in the recesses of my mind I feel sure that I may have received one of his greeting cards around the time of my driving test. I assume very soon after that he became disillusioned, realising the limited potential of the ‘Goodluck Jonathan’ range and sold out to Clintons?


I can’t say that it is a name that I’ve come across before and so pondered just how someone gets christened Goodluck? I wonder if his mother’s name was Lucky Heather and father Jack Pot and maybe he was conceived under a giant horseshoe owned by a crossed fingered leprechaun. By the same token did he have a brother named Badluck Brian who unfortunately never made into adulthood and political greatness, due to being run over by Mother Teresa driving a tractor carrying 4 leaf clover and some rabbit’s feet?

Footnote to above post

It’s ALL in the name. Having just blogged the above I decided to have a comfort break and while standing in front of the loo my trouser button shot off and down the toilet. I bet Goodluck’s never had his hand down the U bend, or had to fit his own shower. If only my mother and father had named me 'Prince Charles Cheshire' I wouldn't need to worry about these things!

2 comments:

  1. He appears to have the hand of a white man, which is a bit unlucky. But that aside, I think this is possibly your finest blog post yet, and I may have to kill you for being too good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil, its a fair point and well argued. I will await certain death

    ReplyDelete