Total Pageviews

Sunday 17 April 2011

Lovely. Not!

There is a mosque on the horizon..... Well there would be if it wasn’t for the big tree in our neighbours garden, and if I was to take the dust covers off my binoculars, because this week the local council gave the go ahead for the change of usage for The Plough despite locals praying for the opposite. The real nub of the debate for me is the parking issues and increases in traffic which can only impact on the local residential area. When we moved here, possibly the very top thing on our list was parking and due to having two off road spaces and being a corner plot there still is enough room to park our three cars and my van outside without the use of a long handled shoe horn. Of course I am not so rose tinted and misty eyed to forget that there was some spillage when it was a pub with noise pollution and the occasional rowdy late night punter but generally it was pretty much contained to the immediate vicinity. The back story here is that the Muslim community has outgrown its place of worship and intends to operate this additional mosque however there have been some independent counts of cars and it well exceeds 100, so IF only half were to attend the Plough mosque, car parking would have to spill over into our streets. Whilst I don’t have a racist bone in my body I do have the eye of a traffic warden and know once the mosque is in full flow there won’t be enough room for even Nick Clegg to do a U turn outside our house.


On a lighter note Britain’s got Talent is back and last night ‘in a packed programme’ we saw a bloke that must possibly be Cee lo Green’s hair double, rolling his eyes OUTWARDS. (Yes, that was the act) and a Fred and Rose West lookalike with cowbells, who rung to Titanic’s ‘My heart will go on, however the rest of me may only be found by dyno-rod.’ The very first act was an afro Caribbean lady with a tea cosy hat who spun like a top whilst expelling wind through a stuck mouth organ. Whilst I love it, I feel sure that the Queen will be looking for more spangly Iams type advert quality, with Corgis!

3 comments:

  1. You're clearly praying to the wrong god. Try Allah next time. Or David Icke.

    As for Britain's Got Talent, Lisa and I already have our tickets to the live tour in June, so I'll let you know how the handbells sound close-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell you what Phil that job of yours must be well paid. I mean, Ostrich steaks and the Britains got Talent tour. You are almost like royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got to live the dream.

    ReplyDelete