Total Pageviews

Thursday 28 April 2011

Masterchef 2011

Yesterday evening when Steph got in from her undercover Census work she announced that she had got me a present of a chef’s hat. Not any old chef’s hat, but a speciality BBQ chef’s hat! The fantastic thing about this wonderful cookery headpiece is that if you trap a bit of air in it and pull it on it will virtually give you an extra foot in height. Some simple people may think you have an unbelievably high forehead and call you Lurch, but to be honest I really feel it must be worth taking the chance to be the Alpha male for the day and strut your stuff, tongs in hand.  I am not really sure if this was just ‘chance’ or a higher force at work showing me the way forward (hat wise) with the barbequing season just round the corner and the final of Masterchef 2011 on telly. In fact I only had about an hour to wear my hat in between the Masterchef final and one of the best Come dine with me (trailer trash) specials at 8 o clock. With regards to the Masterchef final I had backed the winner Tim Anderson from a bit earlier in the competition due to the fact that he always seemed to have an ample supply of dry ice, machinery that looks like it could have been stolen from a tyre fitting place and a ingredients list that Heston Blumenthal on acid would be proud of. The only real let down about Tim Anderson is his name. It would have been nice, due to his American upbringing for his parents to have done the right thing and christened him something like Spike, Dweezil or Ace.    

1 comment:

  1. Thought someone should comment on this so here it is.
    In my opinion........

    ReplyDelete