Total Pageviews

Monday 28 February 2011

Talk Talk; The company that cut you off for 5 weeks and don't apologise = SHIT SHIT!

Tonight while I was writing some blog about just how tired I was feeling about the 1st day back to work blues and that any distraction from today’s hassles would be a help to take my mind off of the rest of the week, Steph was Yes-sing and No-ing on the phone to our current phone provider. Then a short while later as I served up the finest Angus meatballs (possibly the best thing to come out of an ACDC guitarist since A whole lot of Rosie) Steph takes another call from Talk Talk. The gist of this conversation became apparent after a while that they wished to sell us another package, but despite Steph’s insistence that a smorgboard of meatballs and rice was now ready the Talk, Talkers kept talking until she was able to put the phone down. After a few moments of minutes they called back and asked again to speak to Steph, so I told them that ‘it was not possible’ due to the small indiscretion of cutting us off for 5 weeks last year for their clerical error and then being about as apologetic and concerned as a Bankers Bonus Committee in the tax haven island of Far Queue! The Talk Talk representative then explained that our real beef was not with them but Tiscali. (Who for the record is part of the whole Shit Shit Talk Talk Group?) Obviously whilst he understood that it was completely unacceptable to cut off someone’s phone line for 5 weeks the incredible deal he was offering was a NO BRAINER. I had a tendency to agree with the fact that Talk Talk is a no brainer generally, and employs only people who are ‘fit for purpose.’ Whilst he rambled on about the savings, my blood pressure and voice disappeared into the realms of dog whistle territory and all the stresses of today disappeared into nothing when I realised how angry someone with this much stupidity really makes me feel. I think we agreed to disagree all of the issues and I advised that this matter is now in the hands of Ofcom.

No comments:

Post a Comment