Total Pageviews

Tuesday 27 December 2011

The REAL Miracle of Christmas

Tim
Firstly, a couple of weeks ago my cousin Tim, in a knee jerk reaction to my review of his hit channel 5 show Culvert Clearance from June, where I likened him to WW2 moustachioed dictator wrote to complain and explain the word culvert; an enclosed watercourse conduit usually at least 10 times longer in length than its diameter, hence not a bridge Which was both lovely and fascinating. He also suggested that I write the script for Culvert Clearance 2 where he will do all his own stunts, and not have to wear inflatable braces, or water wings .


Then, whilst preparing a live CD for my good blogging friend Phil Gardner of one of his favourite crooners I decided to hold out the sharpened end of the olive branch in an email to my old band mates, who technically own ¼ rights to our back catalogue. In the true spirit of Xmas I was immediately called by Peter ‘Sticks’ Kill who enthused about the project but then asked for an advance on the royalties.
Jon and Pete










That evening Trent 'Brent' Baker forwarded this missive to us all;-

Brent and Marina
Dear Bear,

Superb news. I look forward to that. Blimey. There was some rare and truly brilliant material from that Show.
Lovely Moon. Rainbow. A version of Sarah featuring sticks Kill on Megaphone Marina on armchair and newspaper.Truly mental.

All yours in HUGE anticipation.

Brent

Then, finally bringing up the rear, after stalling in the traps for some time, Mr Michael J Kitson suggesting a reunion gig / download / Last Waltz push for the band
Mick

Dear Bent and Trere and Pete
Yes superb news indeed. I remeber that show well. I was ver ver drunk.
I suggest a reunion now that we are all nearly 50 and before our prostates get too big.
Love you guys

Mick



On the back of all this goodwill I have since visited Trent and Jane just prior to Christmas and wished them season greetings. Had an very funny email discussing the downfall of Joe Walsh (No, not the one from the Eagles) from the boy Kitson AND have been promised unlimited roadie and sound engineer support should the next Cary Grant tour include Brighton by the multitasking Phil Gardner.
Phil


Now that (Ladies and Gentlemen) is the true miracle of Christmas!

Peace and Love

Jon / Bear / Trere

1 comment:

  1. And yes, I AM as excited about it all as I look.

    Although the definition of culvert left me cold.

    ReplyDelete