Total Pageviews

Saturday 17 December 2011

Golden Years

I have fell out of favour with blogging just recently due to an overwhelming number of extraneous projects and the deep dark depression that tends to gather all around me like an ill fitting three armed Christmas jumper at this time of year, along with the associated cost hangover that will be a banging headache felt well into 2012. Yes technically, I am the Grinch throughout all the festive season, only taking time off during the brief few days between boxing day and New Year’s Eve when I am then hit by an all time low, facing up to the realisation that whilst my life is not too bad, the previous year has in many ways just replicated the one before!


Having said all that, more than one of the extraneous projects have now come to fruition and I can reveal one of the fruits of my labour for Pete’s 50th birthday treat;-


As I am sure that many people who have a downstairs loo will confirm that apart from a Glade ‘Touch – n-fresh air freshener, a gold album is their number two’s all time favourite wall hanging. Although I don’t believe that this has actually been hung yet in his new mock Georgian three toilet house, I am fairly confident that this gold disc will bring its owner and many house visitors some light relief in difficult times to come.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! You should make those to order, and sell them for a fortune to offset that festive cost hangover. I'd buy one.*

    On the downside, this blog post has rendered pointless the carefully worded message I wrote in your Christmas card on Friday night. You could have told me you were going to start blogging again.

    *That's not a legally binding contract.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil wrote; "I'm slightly concerned that Jon's lack of blogging means the milk is piling up on the doorstep and Twig (the cat) is picking the last of the meat off his ribs"
    Love
    Phil, Lisa & Amelie
    xxx

    Who said David Camerons BIG SOCIETY isnt working?

    ReplyDelete