Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 June 2011

The strange case of.....

From my blogging room window through the trees I can see the small path that runs along beside a brook which during the daytime is a haven for dog walkers, joggers and ducks. Last night during the lull between the Britain’s got Talent final and the results show I was busy putting the final words to an important blog expose on the retail giant Asda and my shoddy and quite frankly traumatic treatment at the hands of one of their mechanical cashiers. While I mulled over the use of the word pate I spied a shadowy figure standing in the long grass loitering (without a tent) next to the brook, with a step ladder, a large sheet of polythene and a long pole. The woman then proceeded to place the top of the ladder in the water and throw on top the sheet of plastic. This she repeated a couple of times while moving along the bank and then finally placing the large pole down into the water. As it rose back up there was a largish bird silhouetted on the end of it which she then attempted to place on a branch in a tree.


It really made me feel humble to realise that this woman had been prepared to give up her last chance to call Britain’s got talent and line Simon Cowells pockets in favour of teaching possibly a young and inexperienced pelican type bird to balance on the end of stick.

2 comments:

  1. I've read this bizarre story three times now and I'm still struggling to picture the scene. Could you get Steph to recreate it, and then take a few photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's not racist, but she just wont work with poles

    ReplyDelete