Total Pageviews

Friday 10 June 2011

Michael Caine

Of course everybody (and me) loves Michael Caine. So to come across him on the Chris Evans breakfast show this morning was a real treat and bonus for a dreary Friday morning. The old boy was promoting the second part of his autobiography ‘The Elephant to Hollywood’ and spinning some great stories about tinsel town and his rise to greatness. All good, but the interview was just a little bit top heavy with name dropping of the “Of course that was done by my great friend ... Blah Blah” type, So not too surprisingly the the real gem of the piece was a Henry Winkler (Fonz) quote of “ By the time I realised my father was right, I had a son that thought I was wrong”


That’s stuff you cannot argue with!

2 comments:

  1. It's like we're living parallel lives - I too listened to Sir Michael's 4-letter word-fest whilst driving to Crawley yesterday morning. Was it my imagination or did he claim to have met Prince Philip whilst popping round to Danny Kaye's for a curry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parallel lives quite possibly, although I didn't feel ill like you and you big sis last friday, and I rarely get sent a lindt rabbit in the post.
    I believe 'having a curry at Danny Kayes' may be a Cockney rhyming slang euphemism?

    ReplyDelete