Total Pageviews

Thursday 7 April 2011

The picture of my dream dentist


I believed in the Tooth Fairy for many years up until I found out that my father was a dental technician and heavily involved in making dentures. It soon became apparent that I had an unusually disproportionate amount of tooth loss in my formative years whilst his business bloomed? Well, as you can imagine with this kind of history, a visit to the dentist is a little traumatic these days.


Yesterday without the help of Jeremy Kyle I fought my demons and went for a check up in Woburn Sands. My 8-15 appointment didn’t start until 8.30 due to the dentist’s, Miss Andry’s traumatic (bed departure, drive in, relationship, social life, upbringing, general boy malaise) and quickly headed south, once in my mouth. All I know is that, what had been ‘General Check Up’ just before turned into ‘Colonel Gaddafi bloodbath’ very soon after.

Clearly with her knee on my chest and an orbital sander in my mouth’ I was’ responsible for ALL that was happening in her life and beyond, and slightly short of death it was ME that was going to pay.

I can, and do speak with a sort of authority on this treatment as both Steph and I book our checkups together (8-15 & 8-30) and when comparing notes later Steph said how pleasant it had been! All I can hope for as the day went on, is that her Male patients/victims were a hardy lot and not prone to bleeding or suing.

No comments:

Post a Comment