Total Pageviews

Saturday 26 February 2011

Three Peaks (well Nearly)

Having laid some loft boards I have now cleverly sidestepped my parents fallout shed construction by a cunningly devious plan that involved a rain dance. The unfortunate downside to that is that no real fence erecting happened until Thursday morning and ended last night when once again, rain stopped play. I did however attempt a new record over these last two days which was very similar to the three peaks challenge where I attempted to visit Homebase, B&Q and Wickes within the shortest time. Unfortunately due to my pleasant disposition and their lack of customers, I was faced with rather overzealous customer focused staff in each of these establishments who after only being asked “can you tell me where the feather board is” or “arris rails perchance” wanted to tell me their life story and show me pictures of their pets. The last of these was in Wickes where I am sure the fascist dictators have forced the staff to enquire about every shoppers health and well being, so when the 17 year old cashier enquired 'what sort of day I was having' she got the full on story of ripping down fencing and digging out post which I am sure she possibly could have guessed at due to my general appearance of Worzal Gummage on a bad hair day. I felt a little bad after this outpouring so enquired about her day, to which she said it was rubbish. “Still” I said “It’s nearly the weekend.” So it was with a cheery scowl and “I’m working” that she sent me on my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment